Lone Star International Competition
We’re thrilled to be recognized with 11 medals — including a Best in Varietal award — at the prestigious 32nd annual Lone Star International Wine Competition. Our young winery has been in business for just three years, and already has won 23 significant awards including one gold, six silver and four bronze medals in this competition. That’s pretty darn impressive.
Our Wedding Oak Winery 2013 Sangiovese was selected as a Best in Varietal wine in the competition. It’s a fantastic recognition for this wine made with 75 percent Sangiovese, 24 percent Tannat and a smidge of Petit Verdot grapes grown in the Texas Hill Country. It will remind you of fine Tuscan wines with a deep garnet color, bold scents of cherry and persimmon splashed with cinnamon and jammy cherry, chocolate and black tea flavors with balanced acidity and medium tannins. It’s excellent with pasta and pizza.
The Lone Star International Wine Competition, hosted by the Texas Wine and Grape Growers Association, is the oldest wine competition in Texas. The winning wines from around the world are chosen by a panel of judges made up of restaurant owners, sommeliers, chefs, media and wine experts from Texas, California and New Mexico selected for their wine knowledge and years of experience.
2015 Lone Star International Wine Competition Awards
- Wedding Oak Winery Sangiovese 2013 — Gold, Texas, BEST IN VARIETAL
- Wedding Oak Winery Harmony Ridge 2012 — Silver, Texas
- Wedding Oak Winery Tioja, Texas High Plains 2012 2013 — Silver, Texas
- Wedding Oak Winery Viognier 2014 — Silver, Texas
- Wedding Oak Winery Viognier 2014 — Silver, International
- Wedding Oak Winery Terre Rouge, Texas Hill Country 2013 — Silver, International
- Wedding Oak Winery Albariño 2013, Edna Valley — Silver, International
- Wedding Oak Winery Terre Blanc 2014, Texas Hill Country, High Valley Vineyard — Bronze, International
- Wedding Oak Winery Terre Blanc 2014, Texas Hill Country, High Valley Vineyard — Bronze, Texas
- Wedding Oak Winery Syrah Reserve 2013 — Bronze, Texas
- Wedding Oak Winery Terre Rouge 2013 — Bronze, Texas